Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Browsers suddenly not working properly

• Please log in to reply

nightdrive

nightdrive

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am the only one who uses this computer and I mainly use it for schooling and checking my e-mail, not much else. I did not download anything or visit any websites that I normally would not visit, yet when I logged into my school e-mail to reply to some very important matters, it would not let me compose new mail, or reply to any of my e-mails. When I click the link to do both of those options, the hour glass cursor appears but then stops loading and nothing happens - the page remains exactly where it was. When I clicked "help" in my e-mail to see if it was a common problem, I got a pop-up saying something about a Javascript error. I have tested this in three different browsers and I get the same outcome each time. Previous to this, my e-mail worked perfectly fine and I was able to reply and compose new mail, but suddenly I can't. I was told to install the latest version of Java at http://www.java.com/en/ but last time I did that about a year ago, it made my problem worse so I am hesitant about doing so. I have also tried a system restore and set my computer back to when I knew for certain that my e-mail was working fine, and it did not solve the problem either. Every other website works fine except for my school e-mail, which is very important. Any help would be much appreciated! Thank you in advance.

Advertisements