Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cant access web server

• Please log in to reply

MOLON LABE

MOLON LABE

• Pip
  • 1 posts
HI guys, first of all great forum!

umm here is my situation, ive set up my computer as a webserver with apache 2.0.35. Now when i connect locally (http://localhost) all is fine and im seeing what Im suppose to see (the page). Ive set up my dsl router to portforward port 80 to my local ip address but when i go to a browser and enter my internet connection ip (external IP) it connects me not to my webserver but instead to my setup section of my router? any ideas?

Advertisements

Kurenai

Kurenai

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 494 posts
Most routers will not let you do local loopback, so people from the outside who enter your WAN IP will see the webserver, but from inside, you'll always see the router.

You may also need to change the port that the router uses for it's web config, there's usually a setting for that somewhere in there.