Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Track Santa with the North American Aerospace Defense Command

• Please log in to reply

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
NORAD uses four high-tech systems to track Santa - radar, satellites, Santa Cams and jet fighter aircraft.

NORAD carried out its first Santa tracking in 1958 after inheriting the tradition from CONAD. Since that time, Canadian and American men and women who work at NORAD have responded to phone calls from children personally. Additionally, media from all over the world call NORAD on Christmas Eve for updates on Santa's location. Last year this Website was visited by millions of people who wanted to know Santa's whereabouts. This year, the information is provided in six languages.

NORAD relies on many volunteers to help make Santa tracking possible. Hundreds of volunteers spend part of their Christmas Eve at the Santa Tracking Operations Center answering phones and emails to provide Santa updates to thousands of inquiring children worldwide.

http://www.noradsant.../en/default.php

Advertisements

ADNoland

ADNoland

• PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
Heard about how NORAD does this, but never bothered checking it out, the history about it is pretty cool to read. I think this christmas I'll definitly have to check this out :whistling:

Techwish

Techwish

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Thank You
I will share this as well:>)))))

Here come Santa Claus, Here comes Santa Clause

Happy Holidays to all:>))))