Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

VGA input to FlatPannel Results in Strange Picture

• Please log in to reply

dwatson79

dwatson79

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Greetings All,
I purchased a new computer last night and have noticed something that appears to be strange. I have a VGA output going into the Monitor which is a Gateway TFT LCD Color Monitor and I've noticed a strange issue. Basicall pictures with white appear to "Wash Out" meaning pictures loose their definition in areas where there is white. Is this because of the limitations of a old-school VGA connection and going to straight DVI would eliminate the problem?

Advertisements

Serrik

Serrik

• PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
While I am not sure that it will solve your problem, if you have a DVI connector on your video card and monitor you should definately use DVI to connect them, not the old VGA cable.

Also, is the monitor new? Alot of new monitors come set up in "torch mode" which means the brightness and contrast are adjusted so the monitor looks big and bright while being shown on a store shelf. You should always check those settings on a new monitor, and reduce them accordingly for your own home lighting conditions. This will extend the life of your LCD monitor.

I can't say whether or not either of these 2 things will help your wash out problem but you should do them both none the less.