Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

SCESRV.dll problem

• Please log in to reply

Angel of Light

Angel of Light

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
Whenever I start up my machine, I get this error message then a black screen with my mouse cursor. I can click OK, but nothing happens after that.

The application or DLL C:\WINDOWS\system32\SCESRV.dll is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette.

I get the same message in safe mode. I have my XP disc and tried the "chkdsk /p /r" from the recovery console, but nothing changed. I don't know what else to do.

If I could access the HDD at all I wouldn't need to post here because I would simply replace the file. As it stands, Windows does not load at all. All I get is a popup on a black screen, the contents of which are posted above, and nothing happens after that.

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
You might read this thread on the same subject.

http://www.geekstogo...showtopic=87766

SRX660

Angel of Light

Angel of Light

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
I did read it, and I tried to do pretty much everything that was in there. I'm currently in the process of trying to do what this post said to do... I'll post a response in a few when I have the results.

Angel of Light

Angel of Light

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Well, it works now. I guess I just didn't think to try that method. Sometimes the right answer is right in front of your face and you can't see it.

Edited by Angel of Light, 18 November 2006 - 06:25 PM.