Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Totally Random BSOD

• Please log in to reply

operation ivy

operation ivy

• PipPip
  • 88 posts
Ok this one might be a bit long.

First things first ill list my system specs.
Motherboard---------------ASUS P5NSLI
Processor------------------Intel Core2Duo E6600
Ram------------------------Kingston Value Ram 1GB PC2 5300
HD--------------------------Dont know exactly.... Some random 250GB
GPU-------------------------BFG 6600gt

Thats the main stuff.

I Got this computer about 2 or 3 weeks ago. During the first windows installation i would get the BSOD 2-3 times. I thought nothing of this and finally got it up and running. As soon as i put it under any load what so ever IE multi tasking and such it would BSOD. So i re installed windows and the drivers and such.

Second windows installation worked pretty good until i went on the internet. everytime i tried to download stuff off the internet like big files (over 1GB some 4GB). It would BSOD after an unknown amount of time ...( i would go to sleep/leave my computer downloading) It would usually sight TCPIP.sys as the error file... So i decided to run MEMTEST (the one that you run while your system is on all normal and such... not the one you boot from floppy as i do not have a floppy drive) after 11% memtest showed an error. so i exited out and decided to go back to the computer store the next day when it opened. Before i went to the computer store i left memtest runnign again just to make sure. Memtest ran all night to 1100% with no errors. i do not know what to make of this. needless to say i did not go to the computer store and have not replaced the ram. The BSOD are totally random. I will be playing Call of duty 2 for 6 hours with no problems one day. and the next it will crash after 3 mins.

*Some* of the BSOD error messages i get are:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
WIN32K.SYS
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
TCPIP.SYS
i remember one said something about a driver but i did not write it down.

Anyone have any ideas?
The 30 day warrenty thing is about to run out soon so if i have to replace something id like to do it while still under warrenty!!

Thank you for reading

operation Ivy

Advertisements

operation ivy

operation ivy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
oh yah and i have a portable hard drive plugged in aswell