Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WinAntiVirus Pro 2006

• Please log in to reply

Squee

Squee

• Pip
  • 3 posts
hi there im new 2 this forum as you maybe able 2 tell from the post count

got a problem and it is as titled. can any1 please tell me how to get rid of this as it is slowin my pc down 2 the pace of a crippled snail!

thanks if ya can help n if ya cant nps :whistling:

Advertisements

Marty L Mayes

Marty L Mayes

• PipPip
  • 68 posts
First find and download a good free anti virus program, like avg 7.5 free version, or anivir free version, but do not install it yet. save it where you can find it to install later. Then go to start menu, controle panel, add/remove programs, and find the one you want un installed, and uninstall it, then re-boot, and then install your new antivirus program. the two i listed works good, and they dont slow me down none. hope this has been some help.

Squee

Squee

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

First find and download a good free anti virus program, like avg 7.5 free version, or anivir free version, but do not install it yet. save it where you can find it to install later. Then go to start menu, controle panel, add/remove programs, and find the one you want un installed, and uninstall it, then re-boot, and then install your new antivirus program. the two i listed works good, and they dont slow me down none. hope this has been some help.

small problem with that...im not sure if i even installed it right s its not in the add/remove progeammes thing :rofl: :whistling:

and i now have AVG 7.5 and its AVG that keeps tellin me i got the problem with winantivirus :blink: :help: :)

Marty L Mayes

Marty L Mayes

• PipPip
  • 68 posts
Ok their is a software program that will let you uninstall programs that has no uninstaller, or that dont show up in the conrtole panel, in add/remove. some of them are free, some are shareware, bu5t I have never used them. so you might want do some more research on these programs. And maybe some of the other guy's here, will have more, and better advice, on this issue.

Maiestas

Maiestas

eh...

• Retired Staff
  • 1,481 posts
Squee,

Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE .

At the end of the process you are still having difficulty, post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

Squee

Squee

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
ok thanks for the help guys :whistling: