Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Connection

• Please log in to reply

Jony

Jony

• Pip
  • 6 posts
My internet connection doesn’t work, I tried to fix it, but with no avail as I just wasted 2 hours for nothing. I contacted my internet provider – Comcast but all they did was to waste my time, 24 minutes to be exact. They told me that my modem works, but my router (Linkys) gives me problems. We tried to do it without the router, and the representative told me that I can connect to IP addresses (207.46.244.188 for example is the same as www.microsoft.com) but not to URL addresses (like just typing www.microsoft.com instead of typing weird IP numbers). I think the problem comes from my Local Area Connection. When I try to disable my local area connection an error pops up. It says this:
“Error Disabling Connection”
“It is not possible to disable the connection at this time. This connection may be using one or more protocols that do not support Plug-and-Play, or it may have been initiated by another user of the system account”.
Please help me, and in case you are wondering how I posted this – I had to use the library, oh the humanity!
By the way could somebody post the IP address of the geekstogo website, since I might be able to visit it that way at home.
Thank you in advance.

Advertisements

Jony

Jony

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Could somebody move this to "Networking".

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts

By the way could somebody post the IP address of the geekstogo website, since I might be able to visit it that way at home.
Thank you in advance.

View Post

Here's all and more :

Initiating server query ...
Looking up IP address for domain: www.geekstogo.com
The IP address for the domain is: 70.84.70.84
Connecting to the server on standard HTTP port: 80
[Connected] Requesting the server's default page.
The server returned the following response headers:
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Sat, 02 Apr 2005 11:47:44 GMT
Server: Apache/1.3.33 (Unix) mod_gzip/1.3.26.1a mod_auth_passthrough/1.8 mod_log_bytes/1.2 mod_bwlimited/1.4 PHP/4.3.10 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_ssl/2.8.22 OpenSSL/0.9.7a
X-Powered-By: PHP/4.3.10
Set-Cookie: theme_1=1; expires=Sun, 02-Apr-06 11:47:44 GMT; path=/
Connection: close
Content-Type: text/html
Content-Encoding: gzip
Content-Length: 15396
Query complete.

Cheers...Ron