Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Keyloggers on WoW

• Please log in to reply

Mosac

Mosac

• Pip
  • 1 posts
How do i find out or get rid of keyloggers I might have come across that would hack my WoW account? I'm not sure if i woulda or not but found out that a site i went to recently might possibly be the type that does keyloggers. It was some gold site to see how much these crazies charge for it. It was like... www.peons4hire.com almost sure. Didnt see a jpg.html or .src ending on it but didnt make note of anything i clicked. I use firefox though, but i'd like to know for sure.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
I highly recomend that you do the following:

Please go to the malware and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE .

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread.

Edited by starjax, 20 November 2006 - 12:30 PM.

dospoy

dospoy

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
If you are using mods (legal mods by the way...nothing that enables you to keep playing while away from your computer, such as a fishing bot), make sure that when you add them to the "add-on" folder, there are noe .exe files in them. As far as I know the mods do not contain .exe files.

(I'm taking this information from numerous guild websites that help prevent key-logging)

SLI-Owns You

SLI-Owns You

• PipPip
  • 39 posts

If you are using mods (legal mods by the way...nothing that enables you to keep playing while away from your computer, such as a fishing bot), make sure that when you add them to the "add-on" folder, there are noe .exe files in them. As far as I know the mods do not contain .exe files.

(I'm taking this information from numerous guild websites that help prevent key-logging)

i was baned for a mod that was not a bot or simulation type program or hacks never boted in my life never hacked wow ever but my account was banned for a mod in my folder and blizz tech support sucks

Kurenai

Kurenai

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 494 posts
Actually, blizzard tech support is incredible, for the volume they have to do. Incidentally, which legit mod were you banned for, so that the rest of us who play WoW can avoid such issues?