Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

TOSHIBA PORTEGE 3480ct DOES NOT BOOT ARGH HELP!

• Please log in to reply

robz1uk

robz1uk

• Pip
  • 1 posts
TOSHIBA PORTEGE 3480ct DOES NOT BOOT ARGH HELP!!!!! etc...

hi

i recently got my hands on a tochiba portege 3480ct with power supply etc. unfortunately the laptop does not boot. i have tested the power supply and that is fine, so the problem must be in the laptop.

this is what happens: you plug in the power, and the green mains power light comes on. you puch the power button, the green light goes out, and then comes on again about a second later. occasionally, the green light goes out and then an orange light behind the "ON" symbol flickers on then off again. there is no sound of hard disk activitry of fan turning. this is the only sign of life i can see.

PLEASE HELP!!!!

many thanks in advance

rob.

Advertisements

edark

edark

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'd say start with the basics. Is the power switch getting stuck :tazz:
Not sure about this but there is also a sleep button associated with closing the
laptop. If that is stuck it may be shutting it back down.

These are purely guess work but might be a good place to start.

Laters