Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Explorer 6 loads page slowly

• Please log in to reply

Metesh

Metesh

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
Hi there,

First of all, thanks for taking the time to read this. I usually come to your forums when I have computer issues, and you guys are a great help to most people!

The problem: recently, when I click on the IE6 icon in the start-up menu, it takes about 30 seconds for my home page to load. During this time, the CPU usage rises to 90-100%. When the webpage does load (it loads correctly, no errors etc), I can freely go to other sites within that IE window. However, if I try and open another IE window (by clicking the start-up IE icon) the there is usually a similarly long time for the page to load.

I thought I had it fixed when I ran HijackThis, deleted an entry, and it worked fine. But now, I have the same problem. I have had a history of malware/spyware/adware, and have used various programs (AVG, ewido, Lavasoft ad-aware, Spybot S&D, etc) as recommended on your forums. I'm not sure if my computer is 100% clean though, and was wondering if you guys could have a check, and see if you can fix this problem.

Many Thanks, Metesh

Edited by Metesh, 19 November 2006 - 06:18 PM.

Advertisements