Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Call Of Duty 2 SP

• Please log in to reply

TheCatInTheRAMModule

TheCatInTheRAMModule

• Pip
  • 3 posts
:blink: I do not have a great computer 256 ram 1.8 Prosesser and Geforce 2 But on call of duty multiplayer i can have 20/30/90 fps which gives nice smooth gameplay(all of this on cod2 btw not cod) but then i want to go onto single player and if im not facing a wall inside a house :whistling: (if i do that i get the normal 40/50 fps) then out in the open i get 5-12 fps which i cannot play with can someone please help me ive got my graphics on lowest settings texture on lowest. anti anilising off, and directX on 7 but nothing seems to work

PLease Help(btw i dont think i had this problem before my computers hardrive got wiped when taken to pc world) :help: :) :rofl: :rofl:

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
first you need to make sure you are playing in dx7 mode and not dx9. Your card isn't dx9 capable. This will help with the performance issues. You also need to update your gart drivers. To do this you need to know what chipset you are running on your system board.

Edited by starjax, 21 November 2006 - 06:49 AM.

Morpheus

Morpheus

• PipPip
  • 96 posts
Ok

1. go to www.nvidia.com and update your drivers.
2. Make sure that you have the game graphics set to LOW! Your computer cannot handle anything higher than this it seems.. (You might try messin around with the settings to see exactly WHAT your computer can handle)

RECOMMENDATIONS:
1. I recommend that you get another 256 RAM, because it will be VERY cheap to do this, and make a big difference in your FPS.
2. Xfire me @ LiLBG5, and I will send you a custom config that will be perfect for your comupter specs that should help your FPS increase a LOT!

-YoungSeven

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
A large component of the performance drop will be the AI requirement your CPU has to calculate what each NPC has to do and when which it doesn in MP thats a big slow down factor.

TheCatInTheRAMModule

TheCatInTheRAMModule

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks all of you

i know it sounds stupid but would turing off the AI do anything becuase i know how to do that in the console settings

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Not unless you like to play against statues. If you don't have AI all that would happen is that in theory you should have a whole tonne of deaf, dumb, blind and crippled Nazis kicking around at every spawn. Wouldn't exactly make for a fun game.

TheCatInTheRAMModule

TheCatInTheRAMModule

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Na lol
Sounds like trying it out for a laff tho i assume they cant even shoot me
LOL
at least i get to explore the map without getting shot at

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Certainly worth trying im not sure what at all would happen.