Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Upgraded to IE 7 and now links in outlook express e-mail do not work

• Please log in to reply

scomar

scomar

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
After upgrading to Internet Explorer 7 all my e-mails I receive through Outlook Express that include a website link no longer work. I move the cursor over the link and the little hand appears and the address of the site shows in the lower left hand corner but does nothing after clicking on it. Has anyone else experienced this problem after upgrading to IE 7? The links in my e-mails worked fine before doing the upgrade.

Thanks for any help on this subject.

Scomar

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Hi Scomar. Read this, hope it helps: http://www.fjsmjs.com/OE/nolinks.htm

scomar

scomar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Hi Scomar. Read this, hope it helps: http://www.fjsmjs.com/OE/nolinks.htm

Thanks for the info. I checked it out and everything the site said to do was already in place on my computer. It looks like that link is more for problems with links in your browser not working. My problem is that links in my e-mails are not working. They worked fine before I installed IE 7. So basically it is a problem in my Outlook Express caused by upgrading to IE 7. Any more help on this issue would be very kind.