Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

How to Restore Toshiba Protege M400 with Windows Tablet Edition

• Please log in to reply

Mark W

Mark W

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
I have a Toshiba Protege M400 which seems to be infected with viruses so I have decided to do a complete wipe of the hard drive and restore. Only problem is this is a Tablet PC so has the Tablet Edition of Windows XP. It didn't come with any restore disks and Toshiba wants $110 to provide the service of restoring it for me. They won't send me the discs but require me to send it in which I know can take some time. Is there a way to actually get these restore discs or Windows XP Tablet Edition without going this route or is this the only way to do it?

Advertisements

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
I think our security here is up to the challenge, let them tackle your malware, and after that, when the system has a clean bill of health, you can ghost it with either acronis or norton. here's the link then:

http://www.geekstogo..._Log-t2852.html

I suppose I write the above because, all toshiba will do is use a restore disk, so why not make one yourself. lastly, factory state is often far from what you actually want, there is all that bloatware to remove and your data and programs to load, no, better to have exactly what you want, and ghost it yourself once security has given the all clear

Edited by fleamailman, 20 November 2006 - 10:55 AM.