Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Using Abnormal HIgh cpu usage

• Please log in to reply

whatalegend

whatalegend

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi i have been having a problem with my computer recently where i am constantly using at least 20% cpu in the windows task manager.This is occuring from a the process system. This high usage of cpu is causing games which i play to run slow and jump. I have already tried a virus scan and this doesnt appear to be the problem i have also defragmentated my harddrive and the problem is still not solved.This process only starts to take up cpu around 30 secs after windows has loaded.This problem has only occured recently and i am trying to find out if anyone has had similare problems or if there is a easy way to solve this.

Posted Image

My system
Mainboard : Intel D945GTP
Chipset : Intel i945G/GZ
Processor : Intel Pentium 4 660 @ 3600 MHz
Physical Memory : 2048 MB (2 x 1024 DDR2-SDRAM )
Video Card : Nvidia Corp GeForce 7900 GT
Hard Disk : WDC (250 GB)
DVD-Rom Drive : SONY DVD RW DW-G120A

Regards Rob

Edited by whatalegend, 20 November 2006 - 12:19 PM.

Advertisements

Bobbydoo8

Bobbydoo8

• PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
To help ya out with this problem, I would use check my sig for Windows Startup Inspector Download.

I believe the program is still free, and ya need to remove startup programs that seem to be slowing ya down, they're may be a virus booting up or some adware program loadin up.

Also check my sig for Adware SE because Adwatch is an amazinging program to guard the registry.

Hope that helps ya out some! :whistling: