Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Where to download "favorites" and " Address book"?

• Please log in to reply

tennistm

tennistm

• PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
I am transferring data from one computer to another and have a question about how to do it.
I am putting data ("favoritie" list for internet, and "Address book" for Outlook) on a memory stick.

When I go to the other computer to download the information above....where do I send it.
Currently, I have the Address Book and Favorites downloaded to my desktop. How do I get them into
IE and Outlook?

Thanks,
Tim

Advertisements

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
IE Favorites: copy to c:\Documents and Settings\username\Favorites.

Outlook Address book: is that in a PST file format? If so, you import it back into Outlook.
In Outlook click File
Import and Export
Import from another Program
Choose Personal Folder File (PST)
Browse to the file you want to import
You'll have a choice of importing into current folder or same folder
Choose Current folder if you're importing only Contacts (for example) and had highlighted the Contacts folder before you started.
Choose Same Folder if you had highlighted the upper level folder (Personal Folders or Mailbox-User), then in the drop down box, choose the upper level folder to copy to.