Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Missing graphics file?

• Please log in to reply

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Let me see if I can scrounge the file off the drivers I downloaded and figure out where it needs to go.

Advertisements

pandemonium

pandemonium

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Much appreciated w1. At your earliest convenience.

Have got a dust storm & thunderstorm due shortly. A funny old country is Oz.
But we are in the middle of a drought. Ho hum. :whistling:

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Let's see if we can get this in ahead of the storm.... :whistling:

Download (if you can) the attached zip file and save it to your desktop. Right click on the file and choose "Extract All". Extract it to C:\Windows\system32\drivers

Reboot and see if your display clears up.

Attached Files

Edited by wannabe1, 20 November 2006 - 06:58 PM.

pandemonium

pandemonium

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Update.

Thanks for sending that through, w1. Unfortunately still no luck/ :blink:

When I tried to open it, it started to open (?) ( or so it seemed) then the Nero 6 fancy panel came up & nothing further happened.

Totally un-installed Nero 6 & all Ahead Files from Prog. Files & used CCleaner & Registry Mechanic to tidy things up.
Now, it goes to open, (?) does nothing still, & the word "Stopped" appears in the lower LH corner of the screen & no further progress.

Of course the Nero 6 screen doesn't appear.

When I eventually get this sorted, I will look for an alternative Drive Backup CD/DVD/Burning Prog. where this circus all started with the original missing WNASPI32.DLL

Bushfires (Wild Fires) everywhere in SA, power breaks affecting thousands, with the fires & high winds, lots of thunder & lightning but not a lot of rain. :help:

Have a happy Thanksgiving Day. :)

D :whistling:

pandemonium

pandemonium

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
G'day, wbe1. :whistling:
Have "discovered" that my system will not download any Download Files. ie. Everest, your Zip etc, but it will connect to Website Links ok. The monitor Icons blink for a few seconds & then stop & the attempted download ceases.

So, I was pondering whether there is some 'Electronic Lock' that will cause this. I may be speaking out of Akubra hat, but it seems that it may just be possible.
Being simplistic, I wondered if it could be something as simple as ticking/unticking a box.

D

pandemonium

pandemonium

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
G'day, wbe1. :whistling:
Have "discovered" that my system will not download any Download Files. ie. Everest, your Zip etc, but it will connect to Website Links ok. The monitor Icons blink for a few seconds & then stop & the attempted download ceases.

So, I was pondering whether there is some 'Electronic Lock' that will cause this. I may be speaking out of my Akubra hat, but it seems that it may just be possible.
Being simplistic, I wondered if it could be something as simple as ticking/unticking a box.

D

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
What browser are you using? What Firewall are you using?

When you try to download something, what exactly happens?

pandemonium

pandemonium

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Good morning/afternoon, wbe1 :whistling:

Browser is Firefox Ver. 2 & I am using the Firewall in the Linksys ADSL Gateway. Mod. AG041

XP Firewall is switched off.

For what happens, refer to Post #19 ^ ^. That's about it really.

I thought I may have hit upon it after reading up on 'Windows XP Quick Steps' (page 108) late last night. It appears under some conditions one must be logged in with Admin. permissions or Progs will not download/install. Obviously, I am in as Admin but am not as such, so I will have a look at permissions again.

What do you think?

D

pandemonium

pandemonium

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Have just switched off Firewall & tried Everest again, but no change. :whistling:

Back on again now.

D

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Try the downloads using Internet Explorer. Do they download normally?

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
On a hunch, I downloaded and installed Firefox 2...guess what...I'm now unable to download anything.

Uninstall Firefox 2 and install Firefox 1.5. I'll bet it fixes the download problem... :whistling:

pandemonium

pandemonium

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
:help: :) :rofl: :rofl:

Eureka! Or as a Montana cowboy might say, "Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!" :whistling:

IE6 dl & opened Everest. It also dl & opened your file but it came up as a lot of "heiroglyphics" & it tells me I need a viewer to read it. So, so far so good, eh? :help:

Can you suggest a Viewer to do this please?

Have looked at Everest & under Windows Video, the RH screen has no entries. Under AGP for instance, there are 2 entries.

:blink: I am really glad we have come this far, but as Ffx has always been ok with no dramas, I don't understand why this is happening. Ho hum.

*** Ooops! Just noticed your last. Getting too excited i suppose. :lol:
:D
D

Edited by pandemonium, 21 November 2006 - 02:58 PM.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
I'll have to ask around about the Firefox 2 download problem. I can't see a setting (yet) that helps the issue...but I'm still working on it.

Try downloading These Drivers. Extract the exe to your desktop and double click on it to start the installation.

pandemonium

pandemonium

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
:whistling: Have done all the business & re-booted, but the Tsunami effect is still there.

However, press on. Do you still require details from Everest, especially the no display of Win Video or any other info?
I did a report from that, but while it may mean something to you, means nothing to me. Oh yes, I tell a fib. It got my name right. :blink:

D

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
What does the Everest report list under AGP? Maybe it's motherboard drivers we should be looking at.

Edited by wannabe1, 21 November 2006 - 04:31 PM.