Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

dvd ram help please

• Please log in to reply

Jackyl

Jackyl

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
i bought this LG gsa h10a dvd drive from a online company and when i got it and installed it it dont work... it will burn dvds and cds from nero and what not but when i go to play them it does nothing... if i go to my computer and then click the drive it opens as if the media was blank. i sent it back thinking that the drive was bad... the company said they tested it and that it works fine and when they sent it back to me i tryed it again but still no reading media(both burned cds and dvds as well as bought dvds and cds). i updated the drivers and firmware also

any help would be great,
Jackyl

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi and welcome go Geeks to Go. Does the drive show up in Device Manager? Go to start, my computer, right click properties, hardware tab, device manager. Does the drive show up there and is there a yellow! next to it? Does the drive show up in "my computer"?