Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

What is 944plc32

• Please log in to reply

tennistm

tennistm

• PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
I recently went into my "remove programs" and I saw something in there I have never seen before.
It is labled "944plc32" and it looks like a pretty big program.
I searched google and found a couple of references to it, but no real help.

Does anyone know is this a real program....should I "remove" it. Is this a virus?
I have Window One Care Live to protect my computer and it says all OK.

I am not real computer literate, so please make any suggestions in real plain english.

Thanks,
Tim

Advertisements

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
What operating system do you have? If Windows XP, is it SP1 or SP2, home or pro? Right click over My Computer and choose Properties.

What antivirus and/or spyware software do you run? Do you keep it updated? Do you run scans regularly? Did the software report anything in the last scan?

How long have you had the computer?

One other post I found indicates it might be software for a Dell printer. Do you have a Dell printer? All of the posts I found (only 3) were on Dell computers.

tennistm

tennistm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
It's a XP home edition.
The computer is a Dell Dimension B110 and we've had it about 11mos.
I run Live One Care antivirus, firewall, spyware etc.
Scan show no virus in machine.
We do have a HP printer....

When I run a "search" in my computer for this program, it doesn't show up ....however, it is listed as a program in the "add/remove" section.

Any advise will be appreciated...I will be out of town until after the Holidays and back on Nov. 25.

Thanks,
Tim