Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CD Drives not there

• Please log in to reply

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP

:whistling: You ought to win something...this is post 8000 for me :help:

All the thousands of people you have helped are the winners. :blink: Thank you, once again, for all of your hard work and dedication to the site! We appreciate each and every post you make, and all of the OP's you help here.

Advertisements

poppyal

poppyal

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
Congrats!! And yes, that worked. Tell KAT to reward you - and me. Thanks again. I sure appreciate the help and understanding.

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
:blink: He still isn't getting any of Metallica and I's sekrit chocolate stash. :whistling:

I'll be sure to mention to Blair that Wannabe needs a reward! :help:

poppyal

poppyal

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
SH_T!! Now I'm getting a thingy when windows starts that says "Enter your password for Microsoft Networking". I can click O.K. and it finishes windows. Where did that come from? Can I get rid of it? I'm positive that she has never used that and it didn't show up before.Please, help - again.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
No biggie... :whistling:

Open Control Panel and double click on the "Network" icon. Under the "Configuration" tab, in the "Primary Network Logon" drop down menu, select "Windows Family Logon" and "Apply" the change.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Wait!!!!! NO CHOCOLATE?????? :whistling:

poppyal

poppyal

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
How do you know all this stuff??? Naturally, it worked. Anyway, I couldn't leave you at 8000 posts. Had to get you over the hump. Now, I'm going to bed. Too old for this late-night stuff. I will tell my daughter to fix the Chocolate situation when I talk at her tomorrow. After all, what's a little candy, right (Hee Hee)? Later, and thanx.

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Good Lord Dad. it's 3:30am at your house!! :blink: I'm glad you got Aunt Linda's computer all fixed up for her! :whistling:

Wannabe...you've been around long enough to know we don't share very well! What about some nice peppermints, instead?!?!

Metallica

Metallica

Spyware Veteran

• GeekU Moderator
  • 33,101 posts

Wait!!!!! NO CHOCOLATE?????? :whistling:

~~~ snickers ~~

Hi daddy-Kat :blink: