Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

feedback on the Welcome

• Please log in to reply

BombayGranny

BombayGranny

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I've had a little trouble getting used to your website because it's so big. It took me a long time realizing that when I tried to get somewhere else, the top 3/4 of my screen showed basically the same thing until I scrolled down far enough to find anything else. The main thing in your Welcome message was that there was so much stuff to click on for a new person to learn that I wish there were a 'manual' you could click on and print out the part(s) you wanted.
Also, I had posted one question and I had a terrible time getting a reply to show up. Actually, I never was able to open it and read it. Don't know what I did wrong there. BombayGranny

Advertisements

Justin

Justin

I do a little bit of everything

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
Hello!

First, I have located your topic in the Malware forum, and it looks like a Helper has responded, and is asking you to download HiJackThis, and post a log.

This Is a Link To Your Post

You should get an email (with the email address that you used when you registered for the site), every time someone replies to your topic.

It took me a long time realizing that when I tried to get somewhere else, the top 3/4 of my screen showed basically the same thing until I scrolled down far enough to find anything else.

One thing you can try to get rid of this, is to reduce the font size of your web browser. You can do this by holding down the control button, and scrolling your mouse up or down (with the scroll wheel). Or you can go to the View tab and there is an option to change your text size there.

The main thing in your Welcome message was that there was so much stuff to click on for a new person to learn that I wish there were a 'manual' you could click on and print out the part(s) you wanted.

For this, I believe that point of the welcome message was to make it a sort of a manual. You can click on the different things (or only those that interest you), and print them out of you need to. However, you can just navigate around the site a little bit, and see what forums suit your needs (there is a little description of each forum on the main forum page).

Hope this helps, and thank you for the feedback! :whistling:

-Justin