Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows wont load

• Please log in to reply

StaticRed

StaticRed

• PipPip
  • 92 posts
hi me again i got another problem.. this time my own pc.

i bught a new hard drive and installed it windows found it ok. i went to disk management and formatted the new drive and then it appeared in my counputer all was ok. i restarted the pc and now when it goes to load windows all i get is a black screen then a wee - flashs for a few seconds then i get -. thats all its shows a little line with a dot..i went in to bios and the hard drives are there ok they are set right,, master and slave. they jumpers on the back of the hard drives r right.. any way i took out the new hard drive and started up again and i still get -.

now my old hard drive wont load on its own... i need help

pleasee

Edited by StaticRed, 21 November 2006 - 09:08 AM.

Advertisements

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Did the new hard drive get designated as Master? In BIOS, do you see both drives?

StaticRed

StaticRed

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
no in bios the are right. the old hd is the master and the new one is the slave thats th way they r.. iv never seen this b4 i really need help

StaticRed

StaticRed

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
one thing tho i changed the jumpers round and when i started the pc up again and the old hard drive is which is master and whicj i want to be master said..

bootmagic. something sys is missing.. this must be somethign to do with it.. any2 seen this b4