Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How To Stop "Network Connection" Dialog From Interrupting Br

• Please log in to reply

SolarCat

SolarCat

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have defined a network connection of type L2TP IPSec VPN that I use when connecting to a client's network. I wish to use it only when I deliberately select it.

However, now while I'm surfing a Network Connections dialog box pops up frequently (sometimes more than once on a web page), interrupting the loading of the page until I dismiss the dialog. Apparently this happens when there is even a fairly minor latency in response to any request for an element of a page.

With Firefox this is a big annoyance, as I have to dismiss the dialog frequently. With IE it's a really huge major annoyance, because dismissing IE's equivalent dialog puts IE into offline mode, so I have to put it back online each time as well.

I've searched in vain for a setting that would let me specify that my Internet connection should not try to use the VPN connection unless I say so. (I'm on Win XP Media Center Edition.) Can anyone help?

TIA.

Edited by SolarCat, 25 November 2006 - 10:44 AM.

Advertisements