Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

installing laptop memory

• Please log in to reply

mrq201

mrq201

• PipPipPip
  • 252 posts
i have no problem installing memory in my pc, but i have never done it in a laptop.. is it really hard, what do i need to knwo before i install it

if it matters i have a compaq evo N610c and im gonna install a 512 pc2700 ram stick to boost my total mem up to 768

can anyone assist me in doing this or should i just take it to a professional? I would lilke to learn tho as i love computers and everything about them

Advertisements

Drumbum667

Drumbum667

• PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
I have a Compaq Presario and the way I do it is I unscrew the ram compartment, then I unlock the clips(Dont now i you have clips) and take out the old RAM, put in the new RAM, close the compartment. Make sure you are static free while doing this though.