Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

What spec do I need to run PES on high detail!

• Please log in to reply

tomdrayson

tomdrayson

• PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
Hi, I have an Intel E6700 (2.67GHz) Core 2 Duo CPU, 2GB PC6400 OCZ DDR2 RAM and an MSI GeForce 7600GT graphics card, yet Pro Evolution Soccer still jerks quite badly if I set it to "high detail". I just wondered if anyone knew what kind of setup you need for the game to run smoothly!
Thanks

Advertisements

burnoutnotfadeaway

burnoutnotfadeaway

• PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
Which PES do you mean, I presume you are referring to the latest PES, P.E.S. 6?

If it is version 6, you need Direct X 9.0C or greater. Thus meaning you need to download 9.0C or DirectX LE. Both are available from the Microsoft website.

Edited by burnoutnotfadeaway, 21 November 2006 - 02:40 PM.

tomdrayson

tomdrayson

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
Any PES, 4, 5, or 6. It's the same with them all. And I have DirectX 9.0c.

burnoutnotfadeaway

burnoutnotfadeaway

• PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
That sounds rather alarming if a computer with that spec struggles with PES 4. Put an old floppy disk into the floppy disk drive, and put a couple of cd's(anything will do) into the rom drives and run a SiSoft Sandra test
http://www.sisoftwar...r...langx=en&a=

Post back with the problems it finds. If there are none, this is software related, not hardware related. Possible a bad installation of the game, XP,drivers or malware.

tomdrayson

tomdrayson

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
The game runs perfectly at 1280x1024 with MEDIUM detail. And other games like Splinter Cell, HL2, NFS Carbon and Far Cry work fine as well (as I would expect with my spec!). It is only on HIGH DETAIL (even at 800x600) when PES4 jerks. Maybe no-one uses high detail, but it is a lot sharper (obviously).
Thanks

Edited by tomdrayson, 21 November 2006 - 04:56 PM.

pyron81

pyron81

• PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
Hi,

Your set-up looks fine to run a game like that but if it is jerking you might have programing running in the background taking up valuable resources. Have you checked the forums for the game to see if anyone else is having this problem?

This is one of the main reasons I am starting to move away from PC gaming and getting into consoles more. Developers sometimes have these nice expensive systems that they tend to test games on but there is no possible way they can test them on all platforms with all types of different settings which leads to uncontrolled results. Unless the game developers did a beta test of the games, this can and will happen.

Sorry I couldn't be more help. :whistling:

burnoutnotfadeaway

burnoutnotfadeaway

• PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
Press Ctrl,Alt+Del and shut down as many processes as you can, things like MSN messenger,iTunes, virus scanners, firewalls etc running for no particula reason use up valuable RAM. Make sure you're not connected to the internet before you turn your virus/firewall software off. Then try the game and see if there's any difference

Hemal

Hemal

Founding Fart

• Technician
  • 1,470 posts
what temp is your graphics card running at and the chipsets hitting? have you ever ran a stress test or benched marked the machine? would be interested to see what it scored and maybe that would be able to lead us to some conclusion over this issue

kidnova

kidnova

• PipPipPip
  • 424 posts
Yeah, I'm betting it's a heat issue as well. Download speedfan and see what your temps (specifically your GPU temp) look like when you're playing. Also, some games just don't run well with some graphics cards for one reason or another. I haven't seen any 7600GT benchmarks running PES, but you can search around the internet and see if you can find one. While a 7600GT is a good midrange card, it is far from a high performance solution. The video card is probably your bottlneck.

burnoutnotfadeaway

burnoutnotfadeaway

• PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
Well, I had PES 4 running perfectly well with a Radeon 7000 64mb, with only 512mb ram, Intel Celeron 2ghz. Totally crap machine but it ran it at ease. I am guessing it must be a problem with the graphics card because a 7600GT should easily kick the :whistling: I said a bad word :blink: out of a Radeon 7000, not to mention the fact you've got 2gb ram and a 2.7 core duo processor.

tomdrayson

tomdrayson

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
As I said, I don't have a problem running the game... it just goes from being perfectly smooth on medium detail, to really jerky on high detail. I'll try some Sandra tests tomorrow. Thanks

HPDV8315LOVER

HPDV8315LOVER

• PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
Did you update your video card?

tomdrayson

tomdrayson

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
I have the latest drivers, yes.