Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Keyboard

• Please log in to reply

kar

kar

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello Geeks to Go.
My name is Rachel and am having problems with typing into the internet. I defragged my computer the other day and it keep showing error 30. I went to properties and there's not any. Could that be the problem or how can I go about fixing in. Please help. :whistling:

Edited by kar, 21 November 2006 - 04:14 PM.

Advertisements

b1caez01

b1caez01

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts
See if this works, then get back to us...

1. Disconnect the keyboard and turn off the computer...assuming that the mouse works...if not, shut the power off at the source... [no different then if lightening struck nearby and the power went out]
2. Restart the computer without the keyboard installed...the computer will hopefully go looking for it, and report an error...that it cannot find it, thus an error message...but we now know it is looking for it, and when it finds it, it will try to install it, like any other PnP addon...
3. Repeat 1
4. Restart, only this time be sure the keyboard is plugged in before the power actually goes on...

Any difference?

Nope? Hit it with a hammer :blink: Just kidding :help:

If you can get to Explorer, and use the mouse, can you get to any maintenance progs that you had installed and actuate them?

If not, on a reboot, insert the install CD and go into the Admin mode on the F8 and do a sfc_/scannow to reset up the install files and drives.

Get back to us one way or the other... :whistling:

Edited by b1caez01, 22 November 2006 - 01:09 AM.

kar

kar

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello.
I'm at the computer at the library and before I leave to try your great suggestions, I need to tell you what if I don't have the CD. :whistling: This is what the computer reads Microsoft internet explorer. An error has occured in this dialog. Error:30 unspecified error.

Edited by kar, 22 November 2006 - 11:21 AM.

b1caez01

b1caez01

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts
"We" have limited options without the original setup CD :blink: See if you can borrow someone's, one of the exact same version, their install keys as well...

Usually, "we" suggest that you do a complete maintenance check and especially an sfc_/scannow off the start>command line to double check that all of the orignial drivers, especially those affecting the mouse and keyboard are in their original placement and format... Computers are very logical, but sometimes the logic escapes us...it just goes off on a tangent sometimes...they are referred to as "bugs..." :whistling:

Also, can you summarize any actions you took, just prior to, or leading up to this latest problem? We need to know what you could do then, what you can do now...and what might have happened in between, either as a result of your input or something going amiss in your computer...

P.S. : also provide some parameters of what sort of system you have, not the make and model stuff, but the age, resources, size of things, that sort of stuff...

Edited by b1caez01, 22 November 2006 - 07:23 PM.

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
go to all programs and try to see if your on screen keyboard works

all programs>>>accesseries>>accessesbilty>>on screen keyboard

that may help you use the computer so you can do the necessary repairs

or try a system restore and see if that corrects your problem

Edited by rushin1nd, 22 November 2006 - 08:17 PM.

b1caez01

b1caez01

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts
What's the state of things now...resolved? How?