Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help - HJT Log - Virtumonde

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

waterfalls

waterfalls

In Memoriam

• Retired Staff
  • 94 posts
Okay. That looks like the install log for MSXML 4.0.

• Download Dr.Web CureIt to the desktop:
ftp://ftp.drweb.com/pub/drweb/cureit/drweb-cureit.exe
  • Double-click the drweb-cureit.exe file and Allow to run the express scan
  • This will scan the files currently running in memory and when something is found, click the yes button when it asks you if you want to cure it. This is only a short scan.
  • Once the short scan has finished, mark the drives that you want to scan.
  • Select all drives. A red dot shows which drives have been chosen.
  • Click the green arrow at the right, and the scan will start.
  • Click 'Yes to all' if it asks if you want to cure/move the file.
  • When the scan has finished, look if you can click next icon next to the files found: Posted Image
    If so, click it and then click the next icon right below and select Move incurable as you'll see in next image:
    Posted Image
    This will move it to the %userprofile%\DoctorWeb\quarantaine-folder if it can't be cured. (this in case if we need samples)
  • After selecting, in the Dr.Web CureIt menu on top, click file and choose save report list
  • Save the report to your desktop. The report will be called DrWeb.csv
  • Close Dr.Web Cureit.
  • Reboot your computer!! Because it could be possible that files in use will be moved/deleted during reboot.
  • After reboot, post the contents of the log from Dr.Web you saved previously in your next reply. You can use Notepad to open the DrWeb.cvs report.

Advertisements

PippiTheSockGirl

PippiTheSockGirl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
NetZero - First Month Free!.exe;C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu;Trojan.Click.1487;Deleted.;
GTDownDE_87.ocx;C:\i386;Adware.Gdown;Incurable.Moved.;
A0001235.exe;C:\System Volume Information\_restore{202550A8-7A33-4BCA-9586-051D24DDBF8F}\RP6;Trojan.Click.1487;Deleted.;
GTDownDE_87.ocx;C:\WINDOWS\system32;Adware.Gdown;Incurable.Moved.;

waterfalls

waterfalls

In Memoriam

• Retired Staff
  • 94 posts
Post a new HijackThis log. Also, how is your computer running?

PippiTheSockGirl

PippiTheSockGirl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
Still running poorly.

Have we gotten rid of anything significant?

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 9:54:56 AM, on 11/27/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell\NICCONFIGSVC\NICCONFIGSVC.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\StartupMonitor.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe
C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\avgas.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\MOZILL~1\FIREFOX.EXE
C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware SE Personal\Ad-Aware.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Ricks Chick\Desktop\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.dell4me.com/myway
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.dell4me.com/myway
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.dell4me.com/myway
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.dell4me.com/myway
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Run StartupMonitor] StartupMonitor.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [!AVG Anti-Spyware] "C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\avgas.exe" /minimized
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {85d1f590-48f4-11d9-9669-0800200c9a66} - %windir%\bdoscandel.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Uninstall BitDefender Online Scanner v8 - {85d1f590-48f4-11d9-9669-0800200c9a66} - %windir%\bdoscandel.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
O16 - DPF: {2BC66F54-93A8-11D3-BEB6-00105AA9B6AE} (Symantec AntiVirus scanner) - http://security.syma...bin/AvSniff.cab
O16 - DPF: {5D86DDB5-BDF9-441B-9E9E-D4730F4EE499} (BDSCANONLINE Control) - http://download.bitd...can8/oscan8.cab
O16 - DPF: {644E432F-49D3-41A1-8DD5-E099162EEEC5} (Symantec RuFSI Utility Class) - http://security.syma...n/bin/cabsa.cab
O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://acs.pandasoft...free/asinst.cab
O16 - DPF: {BB21F850-63F4-4EC9-BF9D-565BD30C9AE9} (a-squared Scanner) - http://ax.emsisoft.com/asquared.cab
O20 - Winlogon Notify: !SASWinLogon - C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASWINLO.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: igfxcui - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\igfxsrvc.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WgaLogon.dll
O23 - Service: AVG Anti-Spyware Guard - Anti-Malware Development a.s. - C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG E-mail Scanner (AVGEMS) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service (iPodService) - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: Intel NCS NetService (NetSvc) - Intel® Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\PROSetWired\NCS\Sync\NetSvc.exe
O23 - Service: NICCONFIGSVC - Dell Inc. - C:\Program Files\Dell\NICCONFIGSVC\NICCONFIGSVC.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe

waterfalls

waterfalls

In Memoriam

• Retired Staff
  • 94 posts
Well, your log looks clean. We've run several scans, and several infections were deleted. You may have a hardware problem. You might consider calling Dell's Tech Support assuming that you're still under warranty.

• If you have not done so, please empty your Recycle Bin.

• Create a new Restore Point:
- Go to Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> System Restore.
- When the utility opens, select "Create a new restore point" and click Next
- Name the restore point - something like "After infection cleaned" or "After cleaning"
- Click Create.

• Delete the old Restore Points:
- Go to Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> Disk Cleanup. Click Ok.
- Click the "More Options" tab.
- Where it states "System Restore" - click Clean up.
- All of the old Restore Points will be deleted EXCEPT for the one you just created.

Reboot your computer.

• To keep this clean in the future, I would suggest the following things:

• Install Spywareblaster. SpywareBlaster doesn't scan and clean for so-called spyware but prevents it from being installed in the first place. It blocks the popular spyware ActiveX controls and also prevents the installation of any of them via a webpage. Update it periodically.

* Avoid illegal sites because that's where most malware is present.
* Don't click on links inside pop-ups. If you should get them, use ALT + F4 to close them.
* Don't click on links in spam messages claiming to offer anti-spyware software because most of these so-called removers ARE spyware.
* Download free software only from sites you know and trust because a lot of free software can bundle other software, including spyware.

• Let your anti-spyware scanner(s) scan frequently and don't forget to update before scanning.

• I suggest you perform an online virus-scan once in a while (Housecall and/or Bitdefender) because what one virus-scanner can't find, another one maybe can.
Also, make sure that your virus-scanner, the one that is already installed on your system, is always up to date!

• Make sure your Windows has the latest updates by going here.

• More information on how to prevent malware can be found at So how did I get infected in the first place? (by Tony Klein) and Malware Prevention: Prevent Re-infection.

Happy surfing again! :whistling:

PippiTheSockGirl

PippiTheSockGirl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
Thank you so much. You've been very helpful.

I had someone run some diagnostics on the laptop today and they found a "read" error??? Guy told me this was pretty bad. :whistling: Anyway, I am going to look into whether comp is still under warranty. It should be as I bought it for my daughter less than a year ago.

Thanks again, all in all, things are running more smoothly.

waterfalls

waterfalls

In Memoriam

• Retired Staff
  • 94 posts
You're quite welcome.

The "read" error means something is wrong with your hard drive. You should look into that as soon as you can.

Good luck to you!

waterfalls

waterfalls

In Memoriam

• Retired Staff
  • 94 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :whistling:

If your the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.