Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue Screen of Death?

• Please log in to reply

OhMan

OhMan

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Oh, man. So last night I installed this game on my computer and today I got that blue screen... twice! I dont know anything about how to fix something like this so I might need a lot of very specific help. Then again, this might be nothing and Im totally wrong. So Im playing this game and all of a sudden... BAM! Theres the screen. It says this:

A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to the system.

If this is the first time that youve seen this Stop Error Screen, restart your computer. I f this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure you have adequate disk space. If a driver is identified in the stop message, disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates. Try changing video adapters.

Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select advanced startup options and then select safe mode.

TECHNICAL INFORMATION

***STOP: 0x0000008E (0xc000005, 0xBAD3521F, 0EXCC7B87C, 0x00000000)

***VIDEOPRT.SYS ADDRESS BAD3521F base at BAD2F000, date stamp 41107d08

Beginning dump of physical memory.
Physical memory dump complete.
Contact system administrators or technical support group for further assistance.

So, Oh Technical Support Group of Mine, what do I do?

Advertisements

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
so what type of firewall you using

if its zone alarm then it maybe your problem

you can get more from here

http://www.duxcw.com...;threadid=10111

http://oca.microsoft...?...76&SID=1075

hope that helps