Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BF2142 1.05 Problems

• Please log in to reply

Felade

Felade

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Ive been playing bf2142 with 1.01 or 1.04 whatever it was just fine. With the release of 1.05 and my installation of it it now casuses my bf to go a black screen as usual (before loading video) except instead of going to video goes to desktop. =( Now how can this be!? I blame the patch, what else would it be if there were no changes to my pc or video graphics?

Thx.

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Chances are you're right. I'm sure it is the patch. Being a BF2 player, I know that patches fix some things, and mess up others. First, I suggest updating your video card drivers.

Burton1

Burton1

• PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
Your lucky you atleast get to play the game. CTD crashes only happen in titan mode when the map is done. CTD crashes are all over EA Forums.

The reason I am saying your lucky is I can't even play for 5-10 min with out getting master server disconnect. Try rolling back your Video Drivers, alot have said that works.

Corporate it self needs to be patched.