Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Firefox issues

• Please log in to reply

rustyxb

rustyxb

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hey
firefox has stopped working for me. i load pages and it comes up with stopped in the bottomleft corner and it doesnt load another page. has anybody else had this problem.
Cheers

Advertisements

MaverickSidewinder

MaverickSidewinder

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
Try the following:

- Re-Install Firefox
- Get the latest version (2.0) HERE
- Try and see if IE works or any other browser and check if it isn't a connection problem.

And just to be sure I would run any anti-spyware application and see if there is any malicious app blocking your browser.

Good Luck :whistling:

SeaLady

SeaLady

• Pip
  • 6 posts
:whistling: Me too. (using Firefox 2.0) Some pages just don't come in. Shows "done" in lower lefthand corner.

Also I have a wide empty space at the bottom of the browser with a tiny pointed up red arrow type thing.

I have tried reinstalling Firefox 2.0 twice now. The second time I made sure my anti-virus and Zone Alarm were off.

Nothing worked.

Edited by SeaLady, 22 November 2006 - 11:38 PM.

rustyxb

rustyxb

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hey got it working. i first tried reinstaling it and that didnt work so i uninstalled in and went and dedleted all the files that it left behind in progam files the installed again and now works fine but dont no what causeed this problem in the first place
thanks for the help
Cheers

rustyxb

rustyxb

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Dam the problem came back. can anyone tell me how to do a completet clean instal on it coz when i unistal it and delete the modzilla firefox folder when i reinstal firefox it still has my themes and add on's. please somebody help.
cheers