Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

First of all my OS is XP Home Edition and my BIOS version is Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG.

Okay so my problem is that everytime I start up windows the BIOS doesnt always start up properly and restarts its self just after BIOS has finished or freezes when XP is starting/loading up (the loading bar stops). Sometimes this problem can go on for 3 turns with the PC restarting by itself before it works or just once where after BIOS then asks me what I want to do, I choose start up windows normaly and that ussualy works.

This has been an ongoing problem for about 4 weeks now and was alot worse.

I have been working in BIOS afew times before the problem and a keylogger was installed on my PC before it happened.

Can anyone help me out?

Much appreciated,

Edited by Lucababy, 22 November 2006 - 04:56 AM.

• PipPipPip
  • 434 posts
Have you tried loading the BIOS defaults? Enter your BIOS and hit f5, it may be another key, the BIOS interface isn't very complex so if it's not f5 just look around for it, once the BIOS defaults are loaded save and exit (f10).

Tell us how it turned out