Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Is this case compatible?

• Please log in to reply

ddiddy40

ddiddy40

SPAMMER

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
Hi, I've already gotten these parts approved to be compatible, but I would like to know if the case will fit properly?

Antec MINUET II Piano Black Slimline w/ 220Watt ATX 12V Power Supply Micro PC Case

Micro-Star NFORCE4 SOCKET 939 ATHLON64FX ( K8N NEO4-F )

AMD Athlon 64 3200+ / 512KB Cache / 2000 MHz FSB / Socket 939 / Processor with Fan

512MB DDR PC3200 / DDR400 184-pin DIMM Memory Module

Video Card- Radgeon 9700

Monitor- Gateway

Keyboard- Microsoft Natural keyboard and mouse

Floppy drive- standard one on all computers

Hard drive- Seagate Barracuda 40GB

Sony CRX320A/U 52x/32x/52x/16x Internal CD-RW/DVD-ROM Combo Drive

Sound card and speakers- forgot sound card model, but it is compatible for sure and speakers are Gateway speakers that really put out!

Modem- I use PCI wireless card

P.S. If the case isn't compatible, please recommend a specific case for me(preferably black)

Advertisements

burnoutnotfadeaway

burnoutnotfadeaway

• PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
As far as the motherboard goes, yes it will fit the case. Although I do wonder why you look to spend so much on all the components and buy a cheap motherboard. Although the motherboard usually gets good reviews, for the money it costs it certainly won't be very reliable.
The motherboard dimensions are: 30.4cm(L) x 24.4cm(W) ATX Form Factor
The case dimensions are: 9,4cm(H) x 31,9(W) x 43,9(D)
So yes, I presume the motherboard would fit, but as the case is of slim form factor, I'd highly doubt you'd get as much as you'd like in the case. The included PSU wouldn't give you a great enough output to power a computer of this spec anyway.
This is from ANTEC and would be the case I'd advise:

http://www.performan...roducts_id=3307

ddiddy40

ddiddy40

SPAMMER

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
I would like to have quality products, so what motherboard would you recommend that is compatible with the other components I listed??(That case you recommended is roomy and very cool looking!)

Edited by ddiddy40, 22 November 2006 - 10:01 PM.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
That is a VERY good motherboard, MSI make quality reliable boards and that is one of the best of that generation of the motherboards.

Also that case WILL NOT be compatible it takes up to micro ATX size motherboards, the K8N NEO4-F is a full size ATX motherboard. It also uses PCI-ex so your video card isnt compatible unless its a PCI version. Which i wouldn't recommend its not very powerful. You might also want to consider going to a newer AM2 system the price difference wouldn't be that much but it would be a better, newer more upgradable system. I would also get 1Gb of memory 512 isn't enough for alot of things.

Whats the system going to be used for?

ddiddy40

ddiddy40

SPAMMER

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
Ok thanks

Edited by ddiddy40, 01 December 2006 - 03:33 PM.

ddiddy40

ddiddy40

SPAMMER

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
ok thanks(whoops I hit "complete edit" twice

Edited by ddiddy40, 01 December 2006 - 03:34 PM.