Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Graphics that I made

• Please log in to reply

Matt L

Matt L

• PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
Wow, after reading all these posts in this topic, I think I'm getting inspired to have another run at Photoshop again. :whistling:

Advertisements

LITTLELISA

LITTLELISA

• Pip
  • 6 posts
omg mine looks sad compared to all yours hehe !!!

i'll stick with the boring little lisa glitter i have haha !!!

well done to ya all !!

Naraly

Naraly

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted Image

it's a club i'm in ^_^
This is just a roughdraft though...

PsychPosse

PsychPosse

• PipPipPip
  • 322 posts

just a roughdraft

I like it! :)

Nothing fancy here, I just got tired of the default LogOn screen so I made my own. My intention was to make it look like a secure vault. :)

vistavaultthumb.jpg

Edited by PsychPosse, 12 January 2008 - 08:22 PM.

Naraly

Naraly

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
Thanks PsychPosse ^_^

Oh and i forgot to ask.. does anyone have any ideas on maybe something I could add or change, to make it look better :)

PsychPosse

PsychPosse

• PipPipPip
  • 322 posts
Maybe do something with the edges so that it does not look so blocked. Perhaps a frame of some sort that will change the straight edges to a more fabricated look. I will do an example on my image I posted. brb

Ok,, how about something like this:

vistavaultthumb.jpg

Edited by PsychPosse, 12 January 2008 - 08:43 PM.

Naraly

Naraly

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
Looks good, thanks ^_^. Oh and i have a question.. like if I were to use that border, how can I make the white transparent, without the edges of the border looking kind of wierd.. not sure if i'm explaining myself right.. :/

PsychPosse

PsychPosse

• PipPipPip
  • 322 posts
Good question, I am not sure either. But im just a novice at this stuff.

I suppose you could put the frame on it and then cut the white off, copy the picture and paste it onto a new canvas that is the same color as the background on your webpage. Seems like a lot of work though. There has to be a simpler way. :)

frantique

frantique

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts
Naraly, I like it without a border. I find that with no border my eyes are drawn to the eyes and faces in the background - which then correlates with the name - I think a border would detract from this happening. I think the whole banner is very clever visually. I would suggest moving the F closer to it's dot and as well centering "FACES" (at least moving it to the left without it covering the hands). I found the definition of faces to be a bit hard to read - I had to concentrate on it - which I then realised was a good thing cause it made me repeat it in my head. I think the colours are great.

Naraly

Naraly

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Thanks Frantique ^_^

I would still like to know how to do a fading effect on a border of a GIF image.. so that the picture's border fades to transparency.. If it's even possible :\

Advertisements

GeekTech

GeekTech

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Hello,
Do you have photoshop?

I did the following with photoshop:

Click and hold down the eraser tool icon then in the little menu that pops up change it to "background eraser"
then set the tolerance to 100%.... set the hardness to 13 and then while holding down shift to make a straight line
go along the edges. this erased the edges and made them fade to transperent I had to save them as a .PNG file,
a jpeg won't show transperent it turns it white below is before and after:

Posted Image

Posted Image

The graphics is something I made in photoshop :)

GeekTech

Naraly

Naraly

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

yayy! that's exactly what i wanted! ^_^. thanks!!

GeekTech

GeekTech

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Are the instructions clear enough?

GeekTech

Naraly

Naraly

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

yes, they are ^_^

PsychPosse

PsychPosse

• PipPipPip
  • 322 posts
Thank you GeekTech. Never thought of doing it that way. I am gonna have to play with that sometime.