Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

website asking to upgrade browser?

• Please log in to reply

jimmystaxwax

jimmystaxwax

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hi, i have a problem and it only happens on a certain site i visit. Whenever i go to this site a pop up window appears and tells me that i must have at least internet explorer version 5.0. I have IE v6.0 installed so am stumped as to why it keeps asking me this. It is rather annoying as everytime i go to a new window on the site it asks me this. Does anyone have any ideas on how i can stop this pop-up from happening?? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jimmy

Advertisements

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
Can you give a link to the site? Unfortunately some webmasters are lazy and don't make sure that there sites work on most browsers. Some times they will go to great lengths to do so :whistling: which would be more work then just fixing the problem.

The site sounds like not only have they been stupid enough to do this (do you want visitors or not?) but they have messed up doing so.

This *could* be fixed, but I would have to look at the site to know what to do. One, it might be a real popup and then you could just get a popup blocker. Or it could be a JavaScript alert, in which case you can disable JavaScript.

Or you could try getting something a lot better than IE5 such as FireFox :blink: