Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

help! wireless not working

• Please log in to reply

Blade-X

Blade-X

• Pip
  • 2 posts
right background: i was using D link wireless router +624 then the power plug went dead on me. Now I bought the Belkin Wireless G Router 802.11g installed it but now the wireless newtwork doesnt work. I had it up n running according the newtwork connection but the internet didnt work.

Connection type: DSL, secondary computer accessing thro the router wirelessly. Primary computer is directly connected to the router.

Basically i havent been able to get a internet connection on my secondary computer. Is there anything wrong with the setup?

Advertisements

scottish_mike

scottish_mike

• Pip
  • 1 posts
are u using the belkin software or wireless o config? Also u setup any security on the router? Have u also signed into the router to check the settings?

Blade-X

Blade-X

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
okay, i'm using belkin software on my primary computer n i've checked all the settings. nothing seems out of place. Wire o config?? wut's tht mean? It's security enabled, with the 64 bit wep and and i have to put in my network key in order to connect, which it does but I cant get the internet which is strange. Whenever I check my belkin wireless G router the wireless isnt on. i've runned the cmd and pinged the gateway on the secondary computer. It doesnt go thro. I dunno wut other dianogtics(sp) to run.