Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Lagging Audio - No Malware

• Please log in to reply

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
ok then ...when was the last time you clean your computer
are your fans running higher than normal ........

Advertisements

UberMario

UberMario

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
Rush, the very first thing I said in this thread was that I came from that thread. I also rarely have Shareaza and Limewire running at the same time, nor are they usually running (I shut them down when they aren't downloading). They don't start up with windows, I don't think...

wannabe, you took over?

It's like a choppy sound in intervals (or if it's bad, it's all the time). It sometimes skips, doesn't hang. It only skips when I use Media Center (which I never use, but I used just for the [bleep] of it). It's the same sound as if you had a folder full of 1k music and run through it while you've something dragging down you processes. It sometimes goes away, but I don't think I need to close everything to have it work... I am STILL on the CHKDSK part.

CHKDSK is verifying file data (stage 4 of 5)...
83 percent completed.

Gah. I hope stage 5 is fast, stage 4 has taken 6 hours.

UberMario

UberMario

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
rush, my laptop is a month old. I can't even hear the fans, I can only hear the fans of this desktop computer (my can of compressed air died before I got to it...).

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
yea some stages are slow

ok so your computers clean of dust

have question

did you uninstall guitar fx

or disable it to see if its your problem with sound

UberMario

UberMario

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
Of course I uninstalled guitar fx, it puts a virus into your computer. I don't know if I got rid of the virus, but I guess so since Metallica didn't catch anything.

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
well thats good
just wanna clear some thingi keep getting the feeling it could be some tracking cookies

if you want to try that is to stop them

UberMario

UberMario

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
Okay, my laptop's finished that DSKCHK. I'll play some music. Okay, second beat it skipped. It keeps doing that... hmm I should record it or something. It's so annoying. I can still listen to music, but it's not so appealing.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Check something for me...

With an audio file playing, open Task Manager and click on the Processes tab. Locate the player that's in use, right click on it, and point to "Set Priority".

What priority setting is the player using?

UberMario

UberMario

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
it's at normal..

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Set it to "High" and see if the sound improves.

Advertisements

UberMario

UberMario

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
sure doesn't. Well. It's improved a bit. I don't know if it's because of the priority set or just the timing. sometimes it does this on normal priority. I'll open IE... -lag lag lag- okay, yeah. It didn't cure it.

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
this could be a shot in the dark but give it a try

copy each one

and paste it in your security section.

to get there

from start>>control panel>>internet options>>privacy>>click on sites>>then copy each one and paste it in the address >>then block>>then close by clicking ok>>then ok again

www.shareaza.com

www.limewire.com

www.guitarfx.com.

i know you removed guitarfx but it was the root of your problems so you can start by that one first hopefully the lagging will stop

Edited by rushin1nd, 24 November 2006 - 08:10 PM.

UberMario

UberMario

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
It definately isnt from a site, if it were something internet related, it would have worked fine when the internet went down since my last post. I did all that. no change. Do you think a garb sound card could do that?

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
not neccessarliy music or p2p programs are active and whether you hook up to the internet they still try to connect back to there home page they cause a lot of havoc

try this one everytime you use each of its program reboot this is a trial but its very effective

http://www.tune-up.com/

make sure you update it before you run it

UberMario

UberMario

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
Downloading~

What does it do?

I think my video card and sound card are the same... ATI Radeon 1100 128mb vid card. Realtek HD Audio output. I dunno. it says high def audio output.

Edited by UberMario, 27 November 2006 - 04:13 PM.