Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PHP vs. ASP

• Please log in to reply

Drumbum667

Drumbum667

• PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
What do you guys prefer to use. I don't know either and I want to know so I know what to learn.

Advertisements

thenotch

thenotch

• Retired Staff
  • 668 posts
My suggestion is PHP because it is cross-platform... ASP SOMETIMES works in other browsers other than Internet Explorer, but more often the pages return errors or show up strangely in other browsers.

PHP will work regardless which browser you use.

Drumbum667

Drumbum667

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
Thanks for the advice, I also here that ASP is harder.

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
Also ASP only works on windows servers, so there is a greater chance that if you move server PHP will work over ASP because PHP works on anything.

And since it is more popular PHP is easier to get help with.

Drumbum667

Drumbum667

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
Thanks I think I'm going to learn PHP after I learn CSS. And Michael that tutorial you wrote helped a lot. Its a little more straightforward than w3schools is. Eventuall I'll learn ASP and I know a guy who uses it a lot and he wouldn't mind helping me.

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
Glad you like the CSS tutorial. I going to add some more posts there soon. So keep and eye on it :whistling:

DKasler

DKasler

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
My personal preference is PHP for all its cross platformy goodness.