Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Excel Worksheet Issue

• Please log in to reply

Allen Berrebbi

Allen Berrebbi

• Pip
  • 2 posts
My brother in law has had the weirdest problem on his pavillion vd8000 notebook for the last 2 weeks. Whenever he is in Excel, and he tries to reference a cell in another sheet, the cursor sticks and we get a circular reference in the wrong cell. For example, lets say there is a sheet A and a sheet B. He will click in Sheet B, cell A1. Then he will click the = sign, go to Sheet A, cell A2 to reference that cell. When he hits enter he gets a circular reference, the sheets freeze for a minute, and then the cell he was onl;y supposed to reference has teh formula in it and the one he started in is blank.

It is drving me crazy.

Advertisements

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Which version of Office? Try a Detect and Repair from the Help Menu.

Allen Berrebbi

Allen Berrebbi

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
It is 2003 and I tried that twice already. If I manually type in the formula it works but if I use the mouse to reference teh cell in the other sheet it doesn't work.