Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Very Weird Problem Plz Help

• Please log in to reply

vip3r

vip3r

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
hey all well anyways my computer has been going good, but i downloaded this halo demo, and somthing is wrong with my computer, i no im a noob but bear with me, ok well wen i start up i get a error noise and this thing pops up, heres a screenshit...

Posted Image

, and when im playing halo it will lag very bad wen very randomly, and somtimes will just totally freeze up, this is really weird ive tried uninstalling and installing again but still nothing, my computer seems to be going so slow somtimes wen im typing anywhere it lags, o wow its lagging right now wen im typing

and programs like msn, media player, internet explorer, and stuff like tht randomly freeze, and somtimes get so bad i need to manyely shut down by pushing the power button

wutever is going on its basically lagging out my whole [bleep] computer and my dad is going crazy cuz he thinks i did somthing, i really need ur help plz guys thanks alot

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Click start then run, type sfc /scannow then press enter to replace the system files

vip3r

vip3r

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
i did that, and it went threw that little scan thing, then at the end part it said to insert CD2 of microsoft xp, and i did that and it says its not inserted

is there any other way to fix this problem??

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
SCVHost.exe is malware (SVCHost.exe is genuine).

A trip to the Malware forum is in order I reckon.

vip3r

vip3r

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
can u guys help me get rid of this malwhere??

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Please follow the procedures outlined here: Malware Removal Guide

You will need a PC which can connect to the internet

Run all the programmes as advised then post a current Hijack This Log in a new topic in the Malware Forum

For the purpose of accurate malware analysis, Hijack This Logs are only dealt with in the Malware Forum. Posting them anywhere else will result in a delayed response

If you are unable to run any of the programmes, please ask for advice in the Malware Forum

-OCM770-

-OCM770-

• PipPipPip
  • 434 posts
This isnt really part of the topic but...,

You are running XP so what theme are you using? It looks nice..

-OCM770-