Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Reload music tracks to iTunes

• Please log in to reply

hawthorn

hawthorn

• PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
Hi

before I changed my laptop I burned my mp3s from iTunes to a cdr. Now I want to load them on again, whats the procedure? Is it straightforward? I notice the songs have a .m4a extension. What is that and can these tracks still be played in, say, MediaPlayer and/or burned to a cd compilation as normal?

Also, if i buy from Itunes can the tracks be played on any mp3 player, and/or burned to a cd ? I dont think it used to be possible but Im just wondering if the situation has changed?

Many thanks

h

Advertisements

hawthorn

hawthorn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
I tried to open one of the songs with Media Player and it wont play. Heres what i got:

"Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file."

You see I was considering maybe using Media Player 11 but it looks now as if I will have to reload iTunes and use it. Weird how they're not compatible. So Im stuck with iTunes...

h

SueAnne

SueAnne

• Pip
  • 4 posts
What happened to Media Player anyway. I have songs uploaded from purchased CDs that MP11 will not allow me to burn. It doesn't error out, it just doesn't do it - passively noncompliant. I think they have changed the codecs so that if you don't buy it from them, forget it! I downloaded a nifty freeware app that burnt a great CD for me - CD burner XP3.