Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE7 didn't run after download

• Please log in to reply

Abram

Abram

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
I recently received IE7 on automatic update. After reboot the program wouldn't run; a window about 2/3 the sceen size quickly flashed, and that was all.

Fortunately I was able to return to the restore point before the download. Now I'm wondering if I should bother. MS was saying the new program had better security. Is this true? Is it worth it, and if so, how do I go about getting it to run?

Advertisements

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
It does have better security, but having said that it took 24 hours for the first flaw to be found. If it is causing problems I would avoid it, it just might be better to make sure you Anti Virus is up to date. IE 7 is fairly new, hopeful some of the problem users are having with it will be fixed in the near future.

If your really concerned about security I would use an alternative browser. Such as Firefox http://getfirefox.com/ or Opera. I use Firefox.

Supercalifragilistic

Supercalifragilistic

• PipPipPip
  • 404 posts
I didn't like IE7. I thought it looked terrible and the icons were all in awkward places. I don't use IE anyway though. Like Michael said, get Firefox =)

Abram

Abram

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Thanks Michael and Supercalifragilistic.

I'm going to try Fire Fox.

Let you know.

bobletman

bobletman

• PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
well if you want to keep using ie7 try reinstalling it, its worth a try and make sure you install it from there website.