Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Should we all just wait for DX10?

• Please log in to reply

Ryan_88

Ryan_88

• PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
Hello

was just wondering people's views on directx 10

shouldwe carry on upgrading our DX9 cards and buying newer faster ones or should we halt our buying til this DX 10 comes out?

also how long is it going to take before every game manufacturer is going to use this technology????

i am currently upgrading my computer and just want to know whether i should wait for DX10 or just buy a PCI-Express graphics card??

thanks

ry

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
DX10 is allready out for nvidia and ATI will be releasing within a month probably sooner but they are keeping quiet about its release date it will be before the Vista release most likely. The 8 series from nvidia is certainly good in dx9 games they are very capable you can run games at resolutions that would cripple even an SLI system and it will still look much better(nvidia finally fixed the fact that while they got good fps the image quality was always inferior to ATI).

Im waiting for ATIs offering itll lower prices and ATI are using DDR4 and had a more active role in dx10 development so they should have an edge.