Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cannot run reinstall cd

• Please log in to reply

Power_Level

Power_Level

• Pip
  • 2 posts
recently my laptop with windows xp as the os stopped letting me boot normally. When i turn it on it goes straight to this screen and says "loading pbr" , "pbr 2" then just hangs or freezes i have tried to use the reinstall disk but it dosent get any further then "loading windows xp setup" i have then got into dos and tried from there but the stupid computer has created a alternate c: a ramdisk or something im assuming its a partition done by dell in the factory anyways i load my cd drive then go into it it comes up with all the files on the setup disk then i do f:/i386/winnt.exe that gets me to the setup screen. It the comes up with that it needs to know where the setup files are located so i type in the cd drive after that it goes to another screen saying that it couldnt find i driver with a volume bigger then 475 MB.

i sort of think i know a solution but i dont know how to do it

solution: find the command to allow the drive more memory

i know there is one i just cant find it

i would really appreciate if anyone could help me in any way

by the by....... my laptop does not have a floppy drive

Advertisements