Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

power point cant read ...filename

• Please log in to reply

diverseo

diverseo

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
greetings, pc was hit by lightning got new pc, but still using old hard drive, installed new mother board drivers and office 2003, all works but when i try open an old power point file it give error power point cant open c:/....... :whistling:

Advertisements

diverseo

diverseo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Hi Sean, tried chkdsk but, still cant open power point file, i find it strange that i email it to my laptop and then email it back and i can open it, any thing else i can try????

diverseo

diverseo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
just an update, i took 5 off the pwerpoit files and put them on my memory stick, then opened then on my laptop opened them 1 by 1, once opened i saved as the same file but put a space at the end of the file name just before.ppt. put memory stick back in pc, and files open, so untill i can find a solution i am going to start moving files back and forth, any solutions welcome, i have over 300 files to do