Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MS Project 2000

• Please log in to reply

rcanderson

rcanderson

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I'm trying to use MS Project 2000 on my computer using Windows XP. MS Project 2000 opens, then in a few seconds a splash screen comes up intitled "Microsoft Project for Windows Application" The screen goes on to say, "Microsoft Project for Windows application file has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for any inconvenience" I am provided the option of "sending" a problem report to Microsoft or just saying "Don't Send" -- after either button is activated the application closes.

FYI - I've taken the same application to an older machine running Windows98 and MS Project 2000 runs just fine. The application has worked before on this machine with XP, but I don't know what I might have changed. I've erased the application and disabled Norton - reloaded and "fixed the application as well -- and defragged -- all without any joy.

I would be most appreciative is someone knows how to fix this problem - I'm at my knowledge end and really need to use this MS Project 2000 on this machine.

Thanks,
Bob

Edited by rcanderson, 24 November 2006 - 04:02 PM.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
Please go into the Event Viewer and see what errors occurred at the time you get this error message.

Click START-->RUN and type EVENTVWR.MSC and hit ENTER.

Look under SYSTEMS AND APPLICATIONS for items with RED X's that happened at the SAME time as your problem...List them here.

rcanderson

rcanderson

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Under "System" I found no Red X's at the time of my problem.

Under "Application" I found the following at the time of my problem:

1. Source: "Application Error" -- Time " 8:53:45 AM" -- Category "None" -- Event "1000" -- User "n/a"
Description: Faulting application winproj.exe, version 9.0.2000.224, faulting module winproj.exe, version 9.0.2000.224, fault address 0x00080042.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft....link/events.asp.

2. Source: "Application Error" -- Time " 8:53:33 AM" -- Category "None" -- Event "1000" -- User "n/a"
Description: Faulting application winproj.exe, version 9.0.2000.224, faulting module winproj.exe, version 9.0.2000.224, fault address 0x00080042.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft....link/events.asp.

BTW - thank you for your willingness to help with this issue. :whistling: Bob

Edited by rcanderson, 28 November 2006 - 08:43 AM.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
if you double click on either of those items it should bring up screen with full information. what does it say in the summary box?

rcanderson

rcanderson

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Both read -- "Faulting application winproj.exe, version 9.0.2000.224, faulting module winproj.exe, version 9.0.2000.224, fault address 0x00080042."

"For more information, see Help and Support Center at [url="http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.""]http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp."[/url]

I've now placed this same information in my original findings- placing with the specific error. Thanks, Bob