Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Print Spooler problem

• Please log in to reply

TomTomTom

TomTomTom

• PipPip
  • 60 posts
Ok, I am still in Selective Startup Mode.
I re-installed Acrobat. I got a few messages that said "printer is not installed" but I clicked through them and installation went OK. Same spooler problem.

I then tried the http://support.micro...kb;en-us;810894 solution, and the same thing again.

I re-installed my printer per MS instructions (again), and I get no error messages. According to the Brother installation, the installation went OK. But when I look for printers in Control Panel, the Brother is not there.

So of course I click on Add Printer, and the spooler stops. very frustrating !

Advertisements

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
http://www.adobe.com...ocs/331727.html

TomTomTom

TomTomTom

• PipPip
  • 60 posts
Nope. Same thing. Arggg

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
uninstall printer from add/remove programs

look for printer folder in my computer>>cdrive>program files delete complete folder on brother printer or any other printer you may see there
do the same with adobe
then run tune up and reboot after you run each oh of tune-ups program

then reinstall printer only
test printer

http://www.tune-up.c...ownload/tu2006/

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
This is wierd
Ok lets look and see if you have
Lexmark print service is installed on your computer, turn off the LexBce Server service.

TomTomTom

TomTomTom

• PipPip
  • 60 posts
I'm sorry. but How do I check for Lexmark, and how do I turn off the service if I do have it??
Lexmark does not sound familiar, so I don't think I have it. but I shall check if you help me how to check. Thanks

TomTomTom

TomTomTom

• PipPip
  • 60 posts
Also, I have aanother computer, a Dell, and it came with the XP Home Edition backup disk. I do have the XP Home disk. The computer I have problems with is my other computer, and that has XP Pro.
I don't mind if I have to re-install XP Home over XP Pro, but I'd rather try every fix first.

TomTomTom

TomTomTom

• PipPip
  • 60 posts
Same thing. Tune Up didn't do it.

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
This is what I was looking at
Lexmark
I know you were not installing a lexmark and it is something that the virus fix upset.
But it is worth looking at everything.

TomTomTom

TomTomTom

• PipPip
  • 60 posts
Well, I have all those symptoms, but no LexMark. I went to step 1C, c. In the right pane, right-click LexBce Server, and then click Properties.
But the LecBce Server was not there.

Advertisements

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
As I thought
Want to check the registry settings in that articale
Are you ok with that. Don't change any thing just LOOK

TomTomTom

TomTomTom

• PipPip
  • 60 posts
Sure. Tell me what to look for in the registry??

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
here
click on me

TomTomTom

TomTomTom

• PipPip
  • 60 posts
Hi...ok, I did click on that article and I'm confuse about what to do. I read it and looked for the LecBce file, but I don't have that service.
I had done the Reg Edit steps earlier, and all the changes I made (deleting some printer keys) are still made. Looks like my registry is OK as far as the items mentioned in the http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324757 article

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
[bleep]
I will go back to the drawing board. I thought you may not have the Lecbce but it was worth a look. I was not sure if your reg edit steps before checked all those files.