Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

vcod probelm

• Please log in to reply

twitchy102

twitchy102

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hey guys, whenever I open up call of duty and click on the Join Game option, it just crashes. There is no error message or anything, it just shuts down. However, i can follow people through x-fire to join their servers but i cant look at the multiplayer list. Any ideas? Thanks for reading

Advertisements

twitchy102

twitchy102

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Ok so I got the game to work but now im getting a horrible fps lag about every 15 sec. my fps with just drop from 125 down to 20 or so then come back up to 125. It does it constantly. Recently I saw in these forums the post about "Malware Removal Guides and Tutorials". I followed the one about "How to remove Outerinfo pop-ups (aka PurityScan or OIN)". I replaced that host file and really the only thing i have done today that could maybe have caused a change in gameplay. Do you guys think this might be a probelm?

edit- By the way, I run the game at full graphics. I really didnt lag like this before I replaced the file. And if it is the file, do you know where i can find the original one? I didnt back it up =/

Edited by twitchy102, 24 November 2006 - 11:05 PM.