Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I need help finding and installing Win98 SE drivers!

• Please log in to reply

DjFonti

DjFonti

• PipPip
  • 98 posts
Hi all. Yesterday, with the great help of wannabe1, I managed to perform a clean install of Windows 98 SE on my PC. I downloaded the Everest program to find out what drivers I need. Firs off, I looked at system in the control panel, and went to check device manager, it had the manufacturer and brand listed by the CD and DVD-RW drives. This would suggest the drivers are already on, no? Is that possible, considering I haven't installed any?

Also, as far as I know, just my soundcard and graphics card drivers are needed, compared to the format and install I thought this would be a relatively easy task...yet despite having the names of the hardware, I can't seem to find a match (due to sketchy titling of drivers everywhere I look), less know how to install them?

The name of my soundcard is - Creative SB Live! Value (CT4830) Sound Card

and my graphics card is 3Dfx Voodoo3 Banshee AGP SGRAM. I'm on Win 98 SE. Could anyone tell me a website (other than driverguide.com) or a place where I could find the drivers for these, because they all seem to come under blanket or unspecific titles, and have no installation instuctions.

Thank you! :whistling:

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Is there a version number listed?

http://www.falconfly.de/banshee.htm

DjFonti

DjFonti

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
Well I've managed to do the soundcard. The graphics card is proving to be the problem. That is all the info I have managed to obtain from Everest, it's an old graphics card....something like 3dfx Voodoo Banshee 16mb or something....I know, very vague. I'm trying that link....

DjFonti

DjFonti

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
Cheers Keith, that link worked a treat, the graphics seem to be fine now....thanks again.