Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

From pdf to excel

• Please log in to reply

juma48

juma48

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
Does anyone know whether is it possible for me to convert from PDF to excel? I have a document that need to put every data from pdf to excel worksheet so i wonder if there anyway for me to convert the pdf format to excel so there no need for me to key every data in pdf to excel? Hope my explanation is quite clear???

Advertisements

Jrenter2

Jrenter2

• PipPipPip
  • 435 posts
Hello Juma48,

Try doing a google search for "convert pdf to excel" (without the quotations)..there you will find numerous programs that will do what you wish. Here is just one example available.

PDF to Excel Converter 1.0

Another option would be to convert to the file .txt and then import into Excel usind something likde Pdf2Txt.

Once in txt you may :
1.) Open in xl. Use data to columns wizard
or variet of text functions to strip and arrange as needed

2.) If in column format you may be able highlight/copy/paste
into excel

Hope this helps. :whistling:

juma48

juma48

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
Thanks Jrenter2 for your help but unfortunately this is for office use so i can't dl any converter. Is there any chance that you know how to do it straight from Adobe?

I managed to search at google and find this website Export Pdf to Excel which teach me how to export from pdf to excel, however the instructions was in adobe 5 and i using adobe 7. So it kinda hard to follow through the instruction.

Kurenai

Kurenai

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 494 posts
I went to adobe's support page, chose Acrobat Standard/Professional as the product, and searched for spreadsheet
This is the first result I got, is it what you were looking for?
http://www.adobe.com..._exprtform.html

juma48

juma48

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
Weird i can't seem to import or export data from form? Is there anyway for me to do that?

Edited by juma48, 28 November 2006 - 01:08 AM.