Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

motherboard + PCI VS AGP 4x 8x

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

darko2021

darko2021

• PipPip
  • 66 posts
My pc is an Alienware full tower with 2gigs ram, amd athelon 4000+ 2.5 ghz. 460w power supply and a crappy ati 128mb 9550s graphics card. I have been trying to figure out my best options as far as getting a new video card but in doing so I opened a can of worms. I have an AGP based motherboard, so aftter alot of looking around I am faced with this question, should I shell out $300 for a decent agp card that I Will have to update soon any way, or do I spend $100-$150 on a new moboard and $150 on a pciexpress card better than the agp? obviously getting a new mobo and pcie card is the way to go but I have never taken a cpu apart before in my life. I mean I think I know everything I need to but I'm not sure of myself. Does any one have some links they can send me on mobo replacement? What kind of mobo would work and fit in my pc? The thing I am most worryed about is that I will get the new mobo and some connection won't be compatable with my hardware. Any help will be great.

Edited by darko2021, 25 November 2006 - 10:44 AM.

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Welcome to Geeks to Go, darko2021.

It would be advisable for you to keep your questions on the same subject in a single thread. This way you do no have people having to answer you more than once. It also groups the answers so others can read and understand a bit better. I am going to close this thread so others will follow up on your other thread.

http://www.geekstogo...le-t139767.html

SRX660